Monday, February 07, 2011

Since 2003 I have experimented by writing blogs on several different topics. I ended up with 4 blogs oriented to my major interest areas. Last year it became clear that it is time to focus-but where to focus as giving up an interest can be difficult. It occured to me that my research and writing have led to looking at collaboration as an important area that is critical to Change, HR/OD/Leadership and Social Technologies. So, starting today, this is the only blog that I will continue to contribute to and the focus will be on how each of these areas are related. As we move into an increasingly Web 2.0 or "Social" world this focus seems the most appropriate way to bring years of learning together to continue the process and share information with others trying to make sense of it all.

The current debate between Malcolm Gladwell and proponents of Social Technology benefits is interesting as some are asking if Malcolm Gladwell has perhaps met his 'tipping point'. While I tend to agree with the Social Technology flag wavers, that these technologies have indeed created the ability to effect significant change in unprecedented ways, are we possibly missing Mr. Gladwells' somewhat obscure message? Or is he missing ours?

What do you think? I look forward to hearing your views on this debate while I ponder my future postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment